By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Indonesia’s health ministry, aka Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, reported an additional 672 COVID-19 cases today, bringing the country total to 31,186, with the following province reporting the most cases–East Java increased 113, South Sulawesi increased 64 cases, Papua 59 cases, and Central Java 51 cases.
“Of all the provinces there are 21 provinces that reported the addition of cases less than 10, 8 provinces of which there were absolutely no additional cases and 10 provinces whose increment rate was below 5,” said the Government Spokesperson for COVID-19.
591 additional patients have recovered for a total of 10,498. Fifty additional deaths were reported, bringing the death total to 1,851.
Government Spokesperson for COVID-19, Dr. Achmad said, almost 80% of patients positive for COVID-19 were found without symptoms. Nobody will realize that people around you carry the COVID-19 virus. That is why maintaining physical distance and wearing a mask are very important.
“We understand that there are still people who have not implemented health protocols with discipline, but most of the people have understood and obeyed them,” said Dr. Achmad.
Therefore, he said, keeping a distance from anyone is the best step to avoid direct transmission. Not only that, avoiding indirect transmission must also be done, namely by washing hands frequently and not touching items in public places.
- Cytokine storm: Acalabrutinib assists in calming down in COVID-19 patients in study
- False-negative COVID-19 tests: Challenges and implications
- White-Nose Syndrome reported in dead bats in North Dakota
- Philippines: Coronavirus cases top 21K, Testing to expand
- Finland COVID-19 cases continue to slow down
- Brazil: Dengue cases up 44 percent in the Federal District
- Dengue in Brazil: Cases near 200K in Paraná
- Antibiotics: Recarbrio gets FDA approval for treatment of HABP/VABP
- Acute Hepatitis A Case in a Food Service Worker in Saco, Maine