Since 2014, some media and radio personalities have attributed the increase in Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) cases in the US to immigrant children from Central America.
The latest was a segment last week on the Savage Nation with Michael Savage, a very popular talk radio program.
What is EV-D68 and is it an imported disease from immigrant children? I look at this in this latest installment in the Infectious Disease News Brief.
- Undocumented immigrants and the import of infectious diseases: A real health security risk to the US?
- Ill-informed, former ICE agent, David Ward speaks nonsense: Threat of smallpox and leprosy!?
- Doctor that questioned the safety and efficacy of vaccines, Dr. Daniel Neides, opens private practice
- The cost of not getting vaccinated: The numbers can really add up!
- The rise of measles in the US: Dr. Bernhard Wiedermann on C-SPAN
- Infectious disease news brief: Hepatitis A in Florida
- Lyme disease: Prolonged courses of antibiotics can ‘lead to harmful health outcomes’, according to Canadian experts