Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the month of April 2019:
The Sweden The Public Health Authority, or Folkhälsomyndigheten are reporting an outbreak of hepatitis A where the suspected source of infection is fresh dates from Iran.
Prescribing prolonged courses of antibiotics for patients experiencing symptoms attributed to Lyme disease can lead to harmful health outcomes, says a new position paper by Canada’s infectious disease experts.
Health officials on the South Pacific Ocean nation of Vanuatu have confirmed two diphtheria cases, according to a local media report.
The number two most popular post in April was this update on Salmonella outbreak linked to pre-cut melon.
The top post for April was a report on confirmed measles cases in the metro Atlanta area.
Top podcast for April 2019:
- Denver: Gonorrhea cases up 150 percent in four years
- Hepatitis C drug, Mavyret, approved to treat children
- Herpes simplex viruses continue to recombine
- Philippines measles 5-times 2018 numbers
- Measles epidemic: Ukraine cases near 44K, 16th death reported
- Diphtheria cases up in Thailand
- Rift Valley fever: Four more human cases in Mayotte
- Finland reports two imported measles cases
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV