Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Dec. 22 through Dec. 28:
5. Lyme bacteria persister forms, antibiotics and essential oils with Dr. Ying Zhang
My interview with Dr Ying Zhang with Johns Hopkins was the top post of last week. This week it ranks as #5.
In the podcast, Dr Zhang talks about Borrelia burgdorferi persisters and his research with antibiotics and essential oils.
4. 10 Most Important Infectious Disease Stories of 2018: Outbreak News Today
My annual countdown of the Top Most Important Infectious Disease stories was the fourth most popular post of the week.
3. Johns Hopkins researchers: Plant compounds may be better than current antibiotics at treating persistent Lyme bacteria
It’s back!! After leading the pack for two weeks straight and dropping out last week, this post is back at the #3 spot.
2. Six disease combo vaccine, VAXELIS, receives FDA nod
The number two post of the week was Sanofi’s announcement of the FDA approval of the new pediatric hexavalent combination vaccine, VAXELIS™
1. Ukraine measles tally nears 50,000, 16th death reported
The top post of the week is an update on the large measles outbreak in Ukraine in 2018.
- New York: Brucella RB51 infection prompts warning about raw milk from Lancaster County, PA
- Black bear tests positive for rabies in Hyde County, 1st known case in NC
- Las Vegas: Imported measles case reported, 1st confirmed since 2015
- New Jersey: Measles warning issued at Newark airport
- Measles warning issued in South Australia
- Pakistan drug resistant typhoid outbreak tops 5,000: WHO
- Senegal declares end of dengue epidemic