Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Feb. 16 through Feb. 22:
In Yucatan state, Mexico, health officials reported 24 Chagas disease cases in a one week period.
One of several updates on the measles epidemic in the Philippines.
The most recent update, in which health officials put the epidemic at 11,459 measles cases, including 189 fatalities since the beginning of the year though Feb. 20.
The University Health Services at Boston College (BC) reported that laboratory tests from three patients treated early last week revealed the presence of norovirus.
The top post of the week was about a new circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 1 (cVDPV1) outbreak confirmed in Indonesia.
- 2019-2020 northern hemisphere flu vaccine: Recommendation for the A(H3N2) component has been postponed
- Legionnaires’ Outbreak at Promenade Assisted Living Facility Legionnaires’ Outbreak Turns Deadly
- Val Thorens measles outbreak grows to 39 cases: ARS
- Leprosy: It continues to be a problem in the modern era
- University of Arkansas issues health advisory: Mumps on campus
- Measles vaccination campaign in Madagascar, Cases climb to 69,000
- Texas measles case count at eight as of mid-February
- Salmonella outbreak rises to 51 cases in South Australia