Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Jan. 26 through Feb. 1:
The number 5 post of the week was a post from out of the archives about author, Roald Dahl’s words about the measles death of his daughter, Olivia.
An update on the recent uptick in MERS cases in Saudi Arabia clocked in as the 4th most popular post of the week.
The chikungunya outbreak in southern Thailand continues to rise with 424 additional cases reported in the past week.
Columbia University reported on two meningococcal meningitis infections in grad students.
The first report we did on the measles cases reported in Atlanta, GA was the top post of the week.
- African swine fever outbreak reported on Yongzhou, Hunan farm
- Measles: Washington legislature holds public hearing for vaccine bill
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Lassa fever, US flu activity and MERS in Saudi Arabia
- Mayaro virus DNA vaccine induces protective immunity
- Ebola outbreak reaches 800 cases
- Newborn herpes: Acyclovir labeling provides drug dosing and use in newborns