Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week of Mar. 23 through Mar. 29:
In this post, we look at some ongoing outbreaks on the African continent to include the massive measles epidemic in Madagascar.
The CDC issued new guidance for the treatment of severe malaria cases in the United States.
An update on the ongoing syphilis issue plaguing parts of Japan.
The second most popular post of the week is the news that the current Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) went over 1,000 cases recently.
The top post was the most recent update on the Philippines measles epidemic.
- Philippines: Measles and dengue news from the archipelago
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Cerebral malaria, Anti-filarial drugs, What causes autism?
- Six Hospitalized as Kentucky E coli Outbreak Grows
- New York: Invasive meningococcal disease in Far Rockaway, Queens
- Outbreak News This Week Radio Show: Rockland measles outbreak, RFK Jr., Health promotion
- Shigella Outbreak Sickens 107 Wedding Guests In Yamhill County, Near Portland, Oregon
- Legionnaires’ Disease Kills One, Sickens Another in California
- Mumps outbreak in Madrid: Dozens of cases reported at Pontifical University of Comillas
- Rat lungworm: Hawaii reports 2nd case of 2019