Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week of Mar. 9 through Mar. 15:
The US CDC issued an updated travel notice for Japan due to the ongoing rubella outbreak.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) voted last week on on the safety and effectiveness of Sanofi Pasteur’s Dengvaxia® (Dengue Tetravalent Vaccine Live Attenuated).
In light of the measles outbreak in Japan, the CDC issued a travel advisory.
“We’re quickly getting to a scary place that’s called a “post-antibiotic world,” where we can no longer fight infections with antibiotics anymore because microbes have adapted to be resilient against those antibiotics,” said Adam Smith, assistant professor of civil and environmental engineering at USC and lead investigator of the study.
For the second week in a row, this post was the most popular.
- Schistosomiasis: 2 million Nigerian children receive treatment
- Lyme disease: Pennsylvania DEP conducting tick study
- Philippines: Dengue cases top 40K in 1st two months of 2019
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to The Grille at Gold Dust West in Elko, Nevada
- 18 infections you can get from mosquitoes
- Hepatitis A outbreaks in the US: The latest state by state data
- Philippines: Measles death toll tops 300