Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Nov. 24 through Nov. 30:
5. H5N6 avian influenza: Chinese girl hospitalized in serious condition
China reports 23rd human case of avian influenza A(H5N6) since 2014.
4. Arizona reports 45 congenital syphilis cases through November
This post described the syphilis outbreak in Arizona, particularly syphilis in women and congenital syphilis.
The 3rd most popular post in the past week was this update on the plague situation in Madagascar.
2. Fish tapeworm outbreak reported in Los Lagos, Chile
This post is about a recent Diphyllobothrium latum outbreak in Puerto Octay, Lagos region, Chile.
1.Antibiotic resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis threat should be taken more seriously: Researchers
The top post of the week is about researchers warning of the threat posed by antibiotic resistant S. epidermidis in surgeries.
Up to 50% off New York City Christmas tours and activities
- Madagascar: CDC issues travel notice due to measles outbreak
- Measles update: Brooklyn and Rockland County
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand calls for emergency funding
- Afghanistan reports most polio cases in years
- CMV test for newborns receives FDA nod
- Somalia cholera outbreak one year later
- Second imported dengue case reported in Dallas
- Measles cases increased by more than 30 percent worldwide from 2016: WHO