Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Sept 1 through Sept 7:
The Yangon General Hospital in Myanmar reported 18 human rabies deaths from January through August this year. This total is only for those treated at the Yangon hospital and does not include numbers from other hospitals across the country.
Readers found this the 4th most popular post of the week. This is part of our continued coverage of infectious disease news out of Thailand.
A cluster of severe respiratory infections linked to adenovirus in Michigan’s central Upper Peninsula (UP) was the 3rd top news story of the past week. The cluster of six patients all required hospitalization, with two requiring ICU care.
For the second week in a row, the podcast with Texas State University professor, Rodney Rohde, PhD on the DCLS made the top 5 posts.
In our continuing coverage of the Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in Hampton, New Hampshire, this update published on September 1 was the top post of the week.
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Aug. 25-31
- African Swine Fever in Asia: ‘Just the tip of the iceberg’
- San Antonio: Dozens sickened with food poisoning, linked to Pasha’s Mediterranean Grill
- Kentucky hepatitis A outbreak tops 1,500 cases
- Dengue threatens 1.3 billion people in South Asia, Countries intensify efforts to control
- Cyclospora Blue-Ribbon Panel, China withholding H7N9 avian flu samples
- Measles, global surveillance and the work of BlueDot