Antibiotic resistance, Sexually transmitted diseases,Vaccine preventable diseases and septic shock. These important infectious disease topics and others were featured in a recent “Year-in-review”article on Forbes entitled, Infectious Disease Roundup 2017 — The Year In Review .
The author, infectious disease physician Judy Stone, MD, joined me to give her thoughts– scientific, medical and political– on these issues.
Read the article at Infectious Disease Roundup 2017 — The Year In Review
Other podcasts with Dr Stone:
- Vibrio vulnificus: An interview with Dr Judy Stone
- Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever: Increasing spread predicted
- mcr-1 gene: An interview with Dr Judy Stone
- The Donald Trump neurosyphilis article: Should a physician comment on this from a distance?
- Anti-vaccine arguments rebutted
- Lyme disease: New research on Borrelia burgdorferi persistence
- Naegleria fowleri: Study on death estimates, treatment success and the northward expansion of infections
- Outbreaks and the role of health promotion
- The cost of measles: A CDC review
- Antibiotic resistance, the ‘post-antibiotic era’ and improving antibiotic stewardship
- Antibiotic stewardship: A look at penicillin allergies
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden
- Chagas cases linked to possible contaminated acai reported in southern Amazonas
- Syphilis cases top 5500 in Japan
- Los Angeles: 1st sexually transmitted Zika infection reported
- Sepsis news: Macrophage ‘nanosponges’ can remove ‘triggers’
- Colorado: Mesa County reports increases in whooping cough
- Diphtheria cases rise in Yemen, Bangladesh