By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Dr. Kianoosh Jahanpour, the Director of Public Relations and Information Center of the Iranian Ministry of Health reported an additional 44 COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total to 139.
The new cases were reported in Qom (15), Gilan (9), Tehran (4), Khuzestan (3), 2 each in Sistan and Baluchestan, Kohgiluyeh and Boyerahmad and in Fars and one each in Kermanshah, Ardebil, Mazandaran, Lorestan, Hormozgan and Semnan.
Four additional COVID-19 fatalities were reported, bringing the death toll to 19, the most outside China.
Today, the national headquarters for management and counter-virus will discuss the continuation of the closure of universities or their inclusion, closures and schools, the continuation of the closure of the cinemas, gathering centers, tourism and pilgrimage camps and sports competitions and the legislation of this meeting is communicated with the signature of the Minister of Health as the head of the staff.
Dr. Jahanpour pointed out: our emphasis is to avoid travel and in particular to the destination or from the origin of Qom and Gilan provinces and our recommendation limits traffic, limiting unnecessary urban and intercity trips. Nowhere is it safer than the homes and cities of our compatriots, and travel and traffic are problematic for individuals, their families, and their relatives.
The outbreak in Iran has led to the spread of the virus in much of the Middle East. Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Iraq have all reported cases, many imported from Iran.
- Brazil reports 1st confirmed COVID-19 case, First in South America
- COVID-19: South Korea reports large 24-hour jump, 1st case in US military member
- Texas: El Paso records significant increase in syphilis, other STDs
- Brazil: Health officials investigate possible case of coronavirus in São Paulo
- San Francisco declares a local emergency to proactively prepare for possible COVID-19
- Taiwan reports 1st Zika case of the year in traveler to Thailand
- Visceral leishmaniasis: Novartis and DNDi to jointly develop a new oral drug
- COVID-19 cases surge in Italy, deaths double
- Remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19: Clinical trials begins at the University of Nebraska