By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Director of the Public Relations and Information Centre in the Ministry of Health, Dr. Kianoosh Jahanpour said today that 34 additional COVID-19 cases were reported in Iran, bringing the total to 95.
Jahanpour said the new infections were reported in Qom (16), Tehran (9), Fars province (1), Mazandaran (2), Gilan (2), Nishbur (1), Alborz province (2) and one in Qeshm.
In addition, three more deaths were reported, bringing the total to 15.
He continued saying the majority of those infected with COVID-19 have either been in Qom or have travelled to Qom.
The Revolutionary Guard’s Armed Forces The Ministry of Health underlines the cancellation and postponement of celebrations and marriages until further notice. If a number of people and the families of the couples are to be allowed to return to these houses in light of the current conditions in the country.
Also today, Islamic Republic News Agency reported that the Deputy General of the Ministry of Health in Iran, Dr. Iraj Harirchi has been infected with the coronavirus.
- South Korea COVID-19 total nears 1000 as global cases top 80K
- COVID-19 travel notices issued for Japan, Italy and Iran
- Kentucky hepatitis A outbreak tops 5,000 cases
- Canada: Norovirus prompts recall of oysters sold in Alberta and BC
- Spain: Third confirmed coronavirus case in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- DRC reports 252 measles deaths since beginning of the year