Health Ministry officials say cities with large haredi populations suffered the highest number of measles cases.
Jerusalem has seen 874 cases, followed by 266 in Beit Shemesh and 149 in Tzfat. Tel Aviv has reported 52 cases to date.
The Health Ministry’s data showed that the vast majority of cases have been reported in children. At least one child has died and a three week old baby has been hospitalized.
Israeli health officials continue to encourage vaccination to the public. Helping out with this cause is Wonder Woman herself, Gal Gadot.
Gadot posted on a Facebook post only seen in Israel– “Because an immunized environment is a protected environment in the eyes of medicine – listen to doctors,” she wrote, adding: “We should only experience health.”
- Ohio hepatitis A outbreak nears 1,000 cases
- Rabies: 14th human case reported in Sarawak, Malaysia
- Ukraine health officials urge tetanus, diphtheria vaccines for adults
- Ukraine reports another 2,000 measles cases in past week, Annual total tops 42,000
- Zamboanga City measles tally nears 500, dengue cases rise since September
- Newark, NJ: Two additional deaths in infants with Acinetobacter baumannii
- Hawaii rat lungworm case tally now at 7