The Israeli Health Ministry recently reported following the case of polio in an 8-year-old girl from the Safed area who was not vaccinated against polio as part of routine vaccinations, the Northern District of the Ministry of Health conducted an epidemiological investigation, during which it was found that three other children who came in close contact with the case, were found to be positive for the virus the polio. The three children at this stage have no clinical symptom.
In recent months, there is evidence of continued discharge of polio into the sewers in many settlements in Israel, when in Israel there are over 150,000 children who are not vaccinated against polio.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
The Ministry of Health mentions that the main way to protect children from paralysis is through a killed vaccine against polio. In addition, to prevent further transmission of the virus, it is important to maintain hand hygiene.
The Ministry of Health will continue monitoring and update the findings.
- Taiwan reports 1st rabies cases in ferret badgers in Miaoli County
- Mexico reports more than 50 Mpox cases in two weeks
- Cuba: Histoplasmosis outbreak in Artemisa
- Mississippi reports more than 1100% rise in congenital syphilis, Prompts immediate action
- Costa Rica reports rise in dengue cases in epi week 7
- Rats in the New York City sewer system test positive for SARS-CoV
- Venezuela: 3 diphtheria cases confirmed in Bolívar State
- Meningococcal Disease in Eastern Virginia: 3 dead in outbreak
- Paraguay: Progressive increase in chikungunya cases persists
- Brazil reports doubling of chikungunya cases in early 2023