By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Italy Ministry of Health recorded an additional 5,560 COVID-19 cases during the past 24 hours, bringing the epidemic total in the country to 59,138.
Officials also reported 651 additional deaths. Italy has reported 5,476 fatalities to date (9.2% CFR).
The government also issued a new ordinance concerning travel today:
From today it is forbidden for all natural persons to move or move with public or private means of transport in common other than that in which they are located, except for proven work needs, of absolute urgency or for health reasons.
This is established by the order adopted jointly by the Minister of Health and the Minister of the Interior which will remain effective until the entry into force of a new decree of the President of the Council of Ministers, referred to in article 3 of decree law number 6/2020. .
“These are crucial days. We need to minimize travel – said Health Minister, Roberto Speranza, commenting on the new ordinance -. Those who will not go to work from tomorrow are essential that they stay home and thus help all those who must continue to work. It is essential that everyone does their part. ”
Read the ordinance
- New York reports 4,800 additional COVID-19 cases, Army Corps of Engineers will begin construction on four temporary hospital sites
- LabCorp says it can perform 20,000 COVID-19 tests per day
- Rapid SARS-CoV-2 test from Cepheid receives EUA from FDA
- Venezuela: COVID-19 cases rise to 70, Cuban doctors arrive
- Vermont reports first COVID-19 deaths
- Sri Lanka COVID-19 and dengue updates