By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Italian health officials reported at least 16 COVID-19 cases today- with 14 people infected with the coronavirus in Lombardy, while another two other cases have been identified in Veneto.
In the Lombardy region, a 38-year-old man fell ill with the virus after meeting someone who returned from China in late January. Five doctors and nurses and several patients were infected at the hospital in Codogno where he was treated.
Three other people, who all visited the same cafe in the Lombardy region, also tested positive for the virus.
President Fontana and Minister Speranza signed an order with very precise measures concerning the area in which people who have been identified as positive live and move. The municipalities are: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Maleo, Fombio, Bertonico, Castelgerundo, Terranova dei Passerini, Somaglia and San Fiorano.
Councilor Gallera then thanked the “health system for the work done continuously since yesterday evening which has managed to identify links and links”.
President Fontana stressed that “The regional coordination table is always open, we are ready to react to any eventuality. We have taken steps that should not be understood as something that can be frightening but as something that can block the epidemic “.
- Iran reports 13 additional COVID-19 cases: 18 total cases, 4 deaths
- Paraguay dengue outbreak tops 100K, Three dengue serotypes circulating now
- Measles outbreaks in the Central African Republic, Ethiopia
- South Korea COVID-19 cases double again, now up to 204
- Lyme Disease: Johns Hopkins study shows select herbal medicines are highly active against Borrelia burgdorferi
- Japan COVID-19 travel notice issued as cases near 100
- Canada: British Columbia reports 6th COVID-19 case, 9th in country