By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The number of deaths due to coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 in Italy has surpassed Hubei, China today, the location of the initial epicenter.
According to Italian health officials, Italy recorded 5,322 new cases and 427 deaths today. This brings the outbreak total in the country to 41,035 total cases and 3,405 deaths, or a 8.3 percent case fatality rate.
Seven Italian regions have reported greater than 1,000 cases with Lombardy region reporting nearly 20,000 cases alone and more than 2,000 deaths.
To date, Europe has recorded 86,931 total cases, including 4,090 deaths in 50 countries.
- Female group A streptococcus genital tract infections: New research shows promise for new vaccines and treatments
- Malaysia reports 110 additional COVID-19 cases, total now 900
- Anisakis parasite: 283-fold increase in abundance since the 1970s
- Universal Flu Vaccine Candidate: Promising Results in Efficacy Trial
- New York reports additional 1,000 COVID-19 cases, USNS Comfort will be deployed to New York harbor
- Indonesia reports rising COVID-19 cases, Government prepares 227 hospitals for COVID-19 patient Care
Robert Koch Quote merchandise