By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Italian health officials reported 778 additional COVID-19 cases today, bringing the country total to 4,636.
There are 2394 patients hospitalized with symptoms, 462 are in intensive care, while 1060 are in home isolation.
The death count in Italy has risen to 197, second only to China.
Lombardy region continues to see the most cases (2612), followed by Emilia-Romagna (870) and Veneto (488).
Globally, the case total has surpassed 100,000 cases today rising to nearly 102,000 from 98 countries. In addition, 3,488 deaths have been reported to date.
- COVID-19 in New York: Case count rises to 44
- Minnesota reports 1st COVID-19 case in Ramsey County resident
- Pennsylvania reports first two presumptive positive COVID-19 cases, Emergency disaster declaration signed
- Iran reports an additional 1200 COVID-19 cases, Thousands of suspected cases hospitalized
- Disinfectants to Use Against COVID-19: EPA list
- Costa Rica reports two suspected cases of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Philippines records two additional cases, 1st in a month
- Lassa fever: Nigeria reports 11 additional deaths