By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Italy Ministry of Health is reporting that the total COVID-19 cases in the country now stands at 31,506.
Lombardy (16,220), Emilia Romagna (3,931), Veneto (2,704), Piemonte (1,897), Marche (1,371) and Toscana (1,053) regions have seen the most cases to date.
Elsewhere in Europe, the highest case counts are seen in Spain (11, 826), Germany (9360), France (7695) and Switzerland (2700).
- COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2 is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces
- Malaysia COVID-19 cases rise by another 120, total now 673, first two deaths recorded
- Takeda’s Dengue vaccine candidate: The Lancet publishes papers from two studies
- Spain COVID-19 cases top 11,000, 1 million masks distributed
- Poison Control Centers: Fielding calls on everything from snakebites to coronavirus
- The COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic has a natural origin, scientists say
- Venezuela: President Maduro announces country enters ‘social quarantine’, 33 positive cases of COVID-19
- China COVID-19: The explosion of cases was largely driven by individuals with mild, limited, or no symptoms who went undetected
- Brazil COVID-19 and dengue fever updates
- COVID-19 testing: Hologic’s Panther Fusion SARS-COV-2 Assay, LabCorp’s RT-PCR test issued EUAs from FDA
- Chinese case study suggests COVID-19 is not transmitted from pregnant mothers to newborns