By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Italian health officials reported nearly 800 additional COVID-19 cases in the past day, bringing the the outbreak total to 3,858.
In addition, the death toll has risen to 148 after 41 additional deaths were reported in 24 hours, the most deaths outside China.
Elsewhere in Europe, Germany has reported 482 cases, France (377), Spain (259), and the UK and Switzerland with 115 and 114 cases, respectively.
- Tennessee reports 1st COVID-19 case in Williamson County resident
- New York Coronavirus: Gov Cuomo activates statewide Emergency Operation Center
- Germany COVID-19 outbreak tops 400 cases
- New Jersey reports 1st presumptive positive COVID-19 case
- South Africa reports 1st COVID-19 case
- Iceland reports 10 additional COVID-19 cases, brings total to 26
- India making efforts to stave off coronavirus
- Travel history should become routine in medical assessments to slow pandemics’ spread
- A new way to track the geographic spread of Lyme Disease
- Hong Kong study shows best practices protect healthcare workers from COVID-19
- King County officials report 20 additional COVID-19 cases, total tops 50