By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In a follow-up on the Jamaica COVID-19 situation, health authorities reported an additional 605 COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the island’s total to 64,899,
More than 25 percent of the new cases (159) were reported from Kingston & St. Andrew (KSA) parish, followed by 94 from St. Ann.
Twelve additional COVID-19 related fatalities were reported. Jamaica has now recorded a cumulative total of 1,465 deaths.
Concerning vaccines, Jamaica has administered more than half a million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, as the island continues efforts to vaccinate 65 per cent of the population against the deadly disease by March 2022.
As the island races to prevent illness and death associated with COVID-19, the Ministry of Health and Wellness continues to encourage members of the public to get vaccinated.
Lastly, the government reminded the public about the upcoming no-movement days on Twitter:
- Costa Rica: 8 out of 10,000 fully vaccinated people required hospitalization
- Ivermectin prescriptions up dramatically, Poison control receives five-fold increase in calls
- New Zealand: 70 additional COVID-19 cases in Auckland, Likely lockdown to be extended 2 weeks
- A very interesting parasite!–A raccoon roundworm livestream
- Pakistan: More than 1700 XDR Typhoid cases reported in Karachi this year
- Pennsylvania reports increases in gonorrhea and syphilis, Most in 30 years