By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Japan Ministry of Health (MOH) reported today on five cases of the new variant of the coronavirus seen in the United Kingdom in travelers from Britain.
The five people arrived between Dec. 18 and Dec. 21. Four were asymptomatic.
They entered Japan through Tokyo’s Haneda airport (2) and Kansai International Airport in Osaka (3).
MOH says the mutated new coronavirus reported in the UK may be up to 70% more transmissible, according to sources. There is no evidence to suggest that it has any effect on the antibody reaction or the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Ireland reports new UK variant of SARS-CoV-2
- Bulgaria: COVID-19 vaccination campaign to start Dec. 27
- Bolivia reports 1,000 additional COVID-19 cases, Government plans to purchase COVID-19 vaccines before March
- Pregnant women in third trimester unlikely to pass SARS-CoV-2 infection to newborns
- SARS-CoV-2 variant: Africa CDC statement
- South Africa detects new SARS-CoV-2 lineage, Cases found in the UK