By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Tokyo, Osaka and Aichi are reporting the most cases with 1,040, 660 and 215 cases, respectively.
Japan has reported the highest number of syphilis cases in recent years, topping 6,000 last year, the most in decades.
In addition, an update on the the vaccine preventable diseases– measles, rubella and pertussis show 672 measles cases, 2,079 rubella and 10,446 pertussis, or whooping cough cases to date.
- Spain Listeria outbreak: 175 cases per health ministry
- Syphilis outbreak declared in the Northwest Territories, 1st congenital syphilis case since 2009
- Canada: Listeria outbreak reported in 3 provinces linked to chicken meat
- Legionnaires’ Disease: Two confirmed cases linked to the AmericInn by Wyndham Hotel in Schaumburg, Illinois
- Vaping related death reported in Illinois
- Michigan: Health officials report 5 confirmed disseminated gonorrhea cases, 1 possible
- Florida: 3rd local dengue transmission reported in Miami-Dade
- Vietnam dengue update, Dengue forecasting system