According to their most recent data ending Nov. 18, Japan has recorded 6,096, the highest number since 1970.
Tokyo and Osaka accounted for more than 40 percent of the cases with 1,548 and 1,043, respectively.
According to health officials, the number of patients is markedly increasing among men in their 20s to 50s and women in their 20s to 30s.
Concerning the rubella situation, more than 100 additional cases were reported in the latest week, bringing the total to 2,186. Tokyo also leads this number with 763 cases reported year-to-date.
- Achdut Tahini products recalled, linked to Salmonella outbreak
- Israel measles outbreak tops 2,000
- Measles in Rockland County hits 83 cases
- Philippines: Measles cases up dramatically in 2018
- Myanmar: 25 human rabies deaths reported in Yangon this year
- Ohio hepatitis A outbreak nears 1,000 cases
- Rabies: 14th human case reported in Sarawak, Malaysia
- Ukraine health officials urge tetanus, diphtheria vaccines for adults
- Ukraine reports another 2,000 measles cases in past week, Annual total tops 42,000