By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In a follow-up on the COVID-19 situation in Tokyo, Japan, officials have reported a one-day total record of 1,591 cases on today.
Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga is set to declare another state of emergency in Tokyo and three neighboring prefectures Thursday.
Suga is expected to declare an emergency for about a month in Tokyo and Kanagawa, Chiba and Saitama prefectures, which together comprise most of the greater metropolitan area surrounding the capital.
Japan has reported 259,495 total cases, including 3609 deaths.
- HIV Vaccine: Vir Biotechnology Announces First Patient Dosed With Novel HIV T-Cell Vaccine in Phase 1 Trial
- Chile reports 2nd UK variant of COVID-19 case, Legislators introduce bill to make vaccination mandatory
- Thailand reports 340 Streptococcus suis cases in 2020
- Australian officials warn of Naegleria fowleri risks with recreational water users
- New York reports UK strain of COVID-19 in Saratoga Springs
- Brazil influenza A(H1N2) variant virus in Paraná: WHO details
- India reports 38 cases of the new strain of coronavirus from the U.K.