Kao USA Inc. is asking consumers to check their Jergens® Ultra Healing Moisturizer 3 oz and 10 oz products to determine if it is part of a voluntary recall of the product.
Select units of Jergens® Ultra Healing Moisturizer could show the presence of Pluralibacter gergoviae, a bacterium which typically poses little medical risk to healthy people. However, people who have certain health problems such as weakened immune systems may be more susceptible to infections. Kao USA is urging consumers to discontinue use of the recalled lotion specified below as a precautionary measure.
Further investigation to determine the scope of the issue is still ongoing. However, Kao USA Inc. promptly took the precautionary step of issuing a voluntary recall of the affected product by removing the product in question from warehouses, working with retailers to ensure the product is removed from store shelves, and proactively notifying consumers.
Kao USA cares about our consumers’ safety. We are committed to manufacturing products that not only meet, but exceed, the highest industry standards.
The amount of recalled product is limited to two sizes offered for Jergens® Ultra Healing Moisturizer.
Only specific lots of the 3 oz and 10 oz sizes are affected.
IDENTIFYING THE AFFECTED PRODUCTS
- Jergens® Ultra Healing Moisturizer, manufactured between October 1, 2021 and October 18, 2021, could be impacted.
- The affected lot codes for the 3 oz size can be found on the back of the bottle printed in black ink and begin with the prefix “ZU”:
- The affected lot codes for the 10 oz size can be found on the bottom of the bottle printed in black ink and begin with the prefix “ZU”:
Kao USA Inc. has informed regulatory authorities of the issue and we are working with our partners on improved cleaning and sanitization practices so that similar issues can be prevented in the future.
Anyone who has product from a recalled lot should call the Kao USA Inc. Consumer Care Center for a free product coupon at the following number: 1.800.742.8798 or send an email to: email@example.com. (Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM US ET) A postage paid label and plastic bag will be sent to consumers via mail to easily return the product.
- MERS coronavirus case confirmed in Qatar
- Pennsylvania: H5N1 avian influenza detected in bald eagle in Chester County
- Spain: 50,000-plus people live with Chagas disease, according to ISGlobal estimates
- Argentina reports possible case of measles in Buenos Aires
- Legionnaires’ disease cluster linked to Waikiki resort
- China: XDR typhoid fever outbreak in Beijing
- Hawaii: Probable mumps case reported on Big Island
- Measles outbreak in Congo: 4600 cases, 123 deaths