Anthrax outbreak in wild boars in Athirappilly forest region
Several wild boars have died in Kerala’s Athirappilly forest region in the last few days due to an anthrax outbreak, the state government said on Wednesday.
”Wild boars have died en masse in the Athirappilly forest area. Subsequently, the Health Department, the Animal Husbandry Department and the Forest Department conducted an investigation. Samples of these were tested to confirm the case of anthrax infection,” Health Minister Veena George said in a statement.
Read more at Devdiscourse
Kerala college student die from rabies
A college student in Kerala passed away in the early hours of Thursday, June 30, a month after she was bitten by a dog and was being treated for rabies. The eighteen year old young woman, who lived in Mankara area of Palakkad district was bitten by a dog on May 30, when she was on her way to college. She was studying Bachelors in Computer Application (BCA) at a college in Coimbatore, where she was a first year student.
Read more at The News Minute
- Missouri: St. Louis region reports sharp increase in cases of congenital syphilis
- Nigeria reports uptick in monkeypox, Could eclipse peak number of cases seen in 2017
- Philippines: Zamboanga City dengue cases 1,775% higher compared to the same period in 2021
- Rio de Janeiro confirms fifth case of monkeypox
- SARS-CoV-2 virus can lose 90% of infectivity when in aerosol particles within 20 minutes: Study
- Monkeypox reported for first time in the Twin Cities area
- Syphilis cases up 33% in Minnesota
- Portugal monkeypox cases near 400, Cases reported from Lisbon to Madeira Island