Nigeria is currently experiencing what is described as an “unprecedented outbreak” of Lassa fever. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and partners like the World Health Organization (WHO)are intensifying the outbreak response.
So what is Lassa fever?
I was joined by infectious disease physician, Dr Judy Stone in this Mar. 2016 interview to learn the ins-and-outs of this serious viral disease.
- Lassa fever ‘unprecedented outbreak’ recorded in Nigeria
- Flashback: Discussing the West Africa Ebola outbreak (Circa 2014)
- Monkeypox outbreak: 75% of cases in men
- South Africa Listeriosis update: Source of the outbreak still remains unknown
- Outbreaks and the role of health promotion
- CDC: Lack of funding threatens the Global Health Security Agenda, What are the implications?
- India eliminating trachoma and other global health successes in 2017
- Pandemic vs epidemic: What’s the difference and why does it matter?
- Thoughts on the eradicator of smallpox: ‘You can argue that he’s may of saved more lives than any other single human being in human history’