New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Commissioner Dr. Mary Bassett and New York State Commissioner of Health Dr. Howard Zucker announced this week that three new sites have tested positive for legionella within the impact zone – this is in addition to the 11 previously identified inside the impact zone. Separately 6 sites have tested positive for legionella outside of the impact zone that are not necessarily related to the outbreak in the South Bronx.
In combination, to date a total of 20 sites have been identified inside and outside of the impact zone.
The following sites within the impact zone have been disinfected and remediated.
- Concourse Plaza, 198 E. 161st. St.
- Opera House Hotel, 436 E. 149 St.
- Lincoln Hospital, 234 E. 149th St.
- Streamline Plastics, 2950 Park Ave.
- Daughters of Jacob Nursing Home, 1160 Teller Ave.
- Post Office, 558 Grand Concourse
- Verizon, 117 E. 167th St.
- Bronx Housing Courts, 1118 Grand Concourse
- NYC Department of Education 455 Southern Boulevard. Also called Samuel Gompers High School.
- DHS PATH Intake Center, 151 East 151st Street.
- Bronx Hall of Justice, 245 E 161ST Street
In addition, these three sites within the impact zone have either been disinfected and remediated or is in the process of being disinfected and remediated.
- Chris’ Super Deli, 903 Sheridan Avenue
- Pyramid Safe Haven, 470 E161st Street
- Conway Store, 2952-4 3rd Avenue
Finally, the following sites have been identified as testing positive but are outside the impact zone and not necessarily related to the outbreak in the South Bronx. Each of these sites have been disinfected and remediated.
- Verizon, 1106 Hoe Ave.
- Police Dept., 1086 Simpson St.
- Wildcat Academy, 1201 Lafayette Ave.
- 230 East 123rd St.
- St. Barnabas Nursing Home, 2175 Quarry Rd.
- St. Barnabas Hospital, 4422 3rd Avenue
The latest case count has now reached 121, including 12 deaths. No new cases with a symptoms onset date since August 3. All deceased individuals were adults with underlying medical conditions.