By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Los Angeles County health officials reported 1,902 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, including six fatalities on Friday expressing concern of increased community spread of the virus.
As of July 9, 2021, the 7-day daily average case rate is 8.2 per 100,000, up from 7.1, indicating sustained and increased community transmission. This number will continue to increase with each day that the number of cases reported is higher the previous day.
There are 452 people with COVID-19 currently hospitalized; a doubling from the 216 hospitalizations reported a month ago.
The test positivity rate is 3.8%. In early-June, test positivity was near 0.4%.
The recent rise in cases has prompted health authorities to urge those that are eligible and not yet vaccinated to get vaccinated now.
In addition, The Los Angeles County Health Officer Order has been modified to require masking for everyone while indoors, regardless of vaccination status. This takes effect tonight.
To date, Public Health identified 1,264,450 positive cases of COVID-19 across all areas of L.A. County and a total of 24,568 deaths.
- Texas reports anthrax in white-tailed deer
- Texas: Monkeypox case reported in traveler to Nigeria
- England reports increase in norovirus outbreaks
- India: Zika case count rises to 30 in Kerala, District collector advises public to be vigilant
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Prepackaged Salads
- Vietnam records 1,438 new COVID-19 cases, Ho Chi Minh City alone has 1,071 cases
- Texas reports rise in rabies in cattle
- Finland reports many new COVID-19 cases are among socially active young adults, Most new cases caused by Delta variant
- Argentina COVID-19 deaths top 100K, More Delta variant cases reported in travelers