The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) is reporting the first detected case of monkeypox infection in a Louisiana resident. This individual is from LDH Region 1 (Orleans, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. Bernard). In addition, an out-of-state resident visiting Louisiana also tested positive for monkeypox.
There are likely more undiagnosed human cases of monkeypox existing in Louisiana than have been formally tested and identified to date.
- Monkeypox situation update in Spain
- Ukraine: Chickenpox outbreak reported in Chernivtsi crisis center
- Vibrio vulnificus: Florida reports additional death in Citrus County
- Florida addresses fentanyl overdoses in Public Health and Safety Alert
- Pakistan polio vaccination campaign: More than 12.3 million children received polio vaccines in 68 districts
- Missouri reports first Naegleria fowleri case since 1987, Iowa lake closed, considered a potential exposure
- Africa: Suspected cases of Marburg virus disease reported in Ghana
One thought on “Louisiana reports 1st monkeypox case, US total now 791”