In this June 2016 interview, I talk to the author of Lyme Madness: Rescuing My Son Down The Rabbit Hole of Chronic Lyme Disease, Lori Dennis about the book, chronic Lyme disease and the multi-layers of issues surrounding it.
In addition to being a writer, Lori is a Registered Psychotherapist and the mother of an adult son who has been suffering from Chronic Lyme Disease for more than four years.
Dennis talked about the complexity of the disease and the problems encountered for sufferers to include the medical establishment, the media and the politics.
- Lyme disease: New research on Borrelia burgdorferi persistence
- Lyme disease treatment: Some thoughts
- The history behind the Lyme disease controversy and what’s new in Lyme research
- A look at the differences in geographical distribution of Lyme disease
- A new Lyme disease test: Dr Richard Marconi discusses the GLD Test
- Lyme disease, Stevia and the quest for better treatments
- Lyme disease: Borrelia biofilm in the body demonstrated
- Lyme disease: The Borrelia mayonii discovery
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Lyme: Q & A with Paul Auwaerter, MD
- Tickborne diseases: Laboratory diagnosis and treatment
- LymeDisease.org’s Lorraine Johnson discusses MyLymeData and a new NSF grant
Become an Outbreak News Patron
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden