Philippines health officials are putting the number stricken from the Pio Del Pilar Elementary School in Makati City with food poisoning late last week at 125, according to as press release Friday. The reportedly got ill after eating snacks, a biscuit, at the school canteen. The students experienced symptoms of dizziness, vomiting and abdominal pain. Two of the students were hospitalized for their illness
Currently, operations from the said canteen were suspended for further investigation.
The etiology of the illness is still under investigation.
“The Department of Health (DOH) is closely coordinating with the City Health Office of Makati in monitoring the affected patients. Samples of food from the school canteen, commonly taken by the patients were brought to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for further analysis.” Health Secretary Janette P. Loreto-Garin said.