By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Over the course of 2019, the landlocked African country of Burundi has seen a progressive increase in the number of malaria cases reported across the 46 districts of the country.
The country of some 12 million people saw a cumulative total of 8,892,300 cases and 3,294 deaths in 2019.
This is a 88 percent increase in the number of cases and a 62 percent increase in the number of deaths reported in 2019 compared to 2018.
- Cystic fibrosis: New treatment found to kill Mycobacterium abscessus infection
- Taiwan reports 5th imported novel coronavirus case, HKU experts estimate more than 40K cases in Wuhan
- Australia: 2019 Novel coronavirus confirmed in three in NSW, Death toll rises to 80 in China
- Arizona reports 2019 Novel Coronavirus case in Maricopa County
- Novel coronavirus in Los Angeles and other updates
- Thailand infectious diseases 2019: Measles, dengue and melioidosis
- Malaysia novel coronavirus update
- 2nd confirmed 2019-NoCv case in Toronto
- Novel coronavirus medical countermeasures: FDA announces key actions to advance development
- Clostridioides difficile antibiotic, DIFICID, receives FDA approval for treating children aged six months and older
- Novel coronavirus case reported in Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Measles case reported in Brisbane