By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
On Friday, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (MOH) reported 130 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the country total to 1,030.
In addition, a third death was reported.
The distribution of the most cases in Malaysia is as follows: Selangor (263), Kuala Lumpur (145), Sabah (119) and Johor (114).
To date, 26 cases of COVID-19 are being treated in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and needing respiratory assistance.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) also announced that there are 12 cases that have been recovered and allowed to be released today. This resulted in a cumulative total of COVID-19 fully recovered cases and a total of 87 cases.
Elsewhere in Southeast Asia, Indonesia has reported 369 cases and 32 deaths, the Philippines has reported 230 cases and 18 deaths and Vietnam has reported 91 cases.
- COVID-19 in Africa: Nigeria, South Africa
- Coronavirus testing: Georgia researchers develop 2-hour test
- California COVID-19: Statewide, mandatory STAY AT HOME order issued, Case count now 675
- Penn State researchers awarded $2.86M to develop a new oral antibiotic to treat multidrug-resistant gonorrhea
- Brazil COVID-19 outbreak: 621 cases, 6 deaths; Lab testing
- E. coli O103 outbreak linked to clover sprouts: 39 cases in six states
- New York COVID-19 cases top 4,000, Mortgage relief, In-office workforce