The Malaysia Ministry of Health (MOH) reported 20,596 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, the first time the 20,000 threshold has been crossed. 164 COVID-19 related fatalities were also recorded.
This brings the country’s pandemic totals to 1,203,706 cumulative cases and 10,019 deaths (0.83%).
Selangor reported the highest number of infections among states with 8,549 new cases, while Kuala Lumpur reported 2,163, accounting for half the cases.
- Japan: COVID-19 cases rise to new record in Tokyo
- Chikungunya vaccine candidate Phase 3 trial: Induced neutralizing antibody titers in 98.5% of subjects after a single vaccination
- African swine fever in Leyte and Samar, Philippines
- Finland reports 60 percent increase in COVID-19 cases
- Philippines records 116 more Delta variant cases, More than 700K vaccines administered in one day
- China reports spike in Delta variant cases, Travel restrictions imposed to contain Delta variant
- MERS vaccine candidate enters Phase 2 trial
- Thailand and Malaysia report new daily COVID-19 case records
- Philippines: South Cotabato reports 33 lymphatic filariasis cases from two barangays