By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (MOH) reported an additional 117 COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, bringing the country total to 790. According to preliminary investigations, out of the 117 new cases reported today, 80 cases were related to the tabligh assembly cluster at the Petek Jamek Seri Petaling Mosque.
To date, a total of 15 COVID-19 positive cases are being treated in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and need respiratory assistance. The death toll remains at two.
MOH announced that there are 11 cases that have been recovered and allowed to be released today. This resulted in a cumulative total of COVID-19 fully recovered cases and a total of 60 cases.
- Philippines COVID-19 cases top 200, DOH launches COVID-19 emergency hotlines
- Costa Rica COVID-19 cases reach 50, Soccer championship canceled, Calls not to hoard food
- Norovirus outbreak reported on Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas
- Italy COVID-19 epidemic tops 30K cases
- COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2 is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces
- Malaysia COVID-19 cases rise by another 120, total now 673, first two deaths recorded
- Takeda’s Dengue vaccine candidate: The Lancet publishes papers from two studies