In the week ending April 15, Malaysia health officials reported 2,399 dengue fever cases compared to 2,339 cases in the week prior, which is an increase of 60 cases (2.6%).
One additional dengue death was reported this week.
The cumulative number of dengue fever cases reported to date is 33,325 cases compared to 10,954 cases for the same period in 2022, which is an increase of 22,371 (204.2%).
While 21 deaths as a result complications of dengue fever were reported compared to five (5) deaths for the same period in 2022, which is an increase of 16 deaths.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
Concerning chikungunya, surveillance recorded three (3) cases during the week ending April 15, with all the cases from Selangor. Cumulative number of chikungunya cases are 117 to date.
- Hepatitis A in SE Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia
- Marburg virus: WHO Director-General’s update comments on Equatorial Guinea outbreak
- Nigeria approves R21 Malaria Vaccine
- New York reports 30% increase in Candida auris clinical cases in 2022
- CDC: Human Infection with highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N1) virus in Chile
- Diphtheria cases up 1000% in the Philippines
- Peru: Epidemiological alert issued for Lima and Callao due to increasing dengue