By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Malaysia Ministry of Health reports three new cases of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), bringing the country total to seven.
The seven consist of three cases previously reported in 2019-nCoV Patient-Under-Investigation (PUI) cases and four cases previously in close contact. All of these 2019-nCoV positive cases are Chinese citizens.
From January 10, 2020 to January 28, 2020, the cumulative number of PUI cases for 2019-nCoV infection was 78; of which 39 are Malaysian citizens, 36 Chinese and one (1) citizen of Jordan, Brazil and Thailand.
On Tuesday, Chinese health officials reported 1459 new confirmed cases in 31 provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities), 263 new severe cases, and 26 new deaths (25 in Hubei and 1 in Henan).
As of January 28th, the National Health and Health Commission had received a total of 5,974 confirmed cases, 31 cases of severe cases, 132 death cases.
- Canada: 1st confirmed 2019-nCoV in British Columbia
- Germany reports 3 additional novel coronavirus cases in Bavaria
- MARBURG Virus detected in fruit bats in Sierra Leone
- Naegleria fowleri: Costa Rica teen dies from lethal parasitic infection
- Taiwan: 1st locally-transmitted novel coronavirus case reported
- Bangladesh: Two Nipah virus deaths, according to local media report
- Measles in American Samoa: 3 additional cases reported
- 1st novel coronavirus case confirmed in Sri Lanka