By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Ministry of Health (MOH) announced that there is one new case of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) reported today, making the cumulative number of COVID-19 cases reported so far at 19.
The latest case is a 39-year-old Chinese citizen who is a friend of the 14th case and the son of the 16th; both are currently receiving treatment at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) isolation ward.
He and four (4) others arrived in Malaysia from Wuhan, China on January 25, 2020. As soon as two (2) previous cases were positively detected (i.e. 14th and 16th), respectively, 5 February and February 7, 2020, he was placed under the Monitoring and Monitoring Order.
The result of monitoring activities carried out on him by the District Health Office (PKD) found that he had symptoms of fever and cough on February 12, 2020. He had been referred to the HKL for admission to further treatment and investigation. COVID-19 validation and validation tests were performed on the same day. He has now been admitted to an isolation ward in HKL and is in stable condition.
Of the 19 cases recorded to date, thirteen cases were Chinese nationals and six people are Malaysian citizens.
Nine cases were Patient-Under-Investigation (PUI) cases; eight cases in close contact and two cases among Malaysians were brought back through the Humanitarian Aid Mission.
- Study shows increased hand hygiene at top 10 airports can reduce spread of coronavirus by 37 percent
- UK: 1st coronavirus case in London, China numbers skyrocket with ‘new category’
- 14th case of COVID-19 in the US
- Mumps: LSU outbreak grows to 12 cases
- Ebola outbreak remains a public health emergency of international concern
- Africa: CDC issues travel notice for 15 countries due to polio outbreaks
- Brain-eating amoeba: Researchers design new compounds that show promise in the laboratory as treatments