By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The circulation of Rift Valley Fever (RVF) continues in Mayotte. A total of 123 animal and 137 human cases have been reported since the first cases occurred in late November 2018.
Samples taken by veterinarians on sick animals or during abortions during the past week, 2 new animal foci were identified, a total of 123 outbreaks of sick animals (including 98 cattle and 25 small ruminants).
Animal foci are decreasing. Since early May, only 4 new outbreaks have been identified (Mamoudzou, Ouangani and Chirongui communes).
The CHM laboratory reported during 3 new human cases during the past week, bringing the total to 137 human cases of RVF since the beginning of the epidemic. Of the cases reported, 2 serious cases been reported to date.
Since early April, the number of new human cases is stable with an average of 4 cases per week.
- Ukraine measles update: 52K cases in first 5 months
- Missouri: Legionnaires’ Disease cases reported in Springfield
- Ohio hepatitis A outbreak nears 3,000 cases
- Ebola outbreak tops 2,000 cases
- Florida hepatitis A outbreak death toll now 18
- Taiwan reports more locally acquired dengue, Japanese encephalitis
- England: Gonorrhea cases up 26 percent in 2018