By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Health officials in Iceland are reporting a measles case. According to health authorities, the Children’s Hospital contacted the Epidemiologist on Sunday, December 29th reporting a case of measles detected in an 8-month-old child who arrived abroad from the day before on 28 December.
The child had contracted measles abroad on December 24 and presented with a cold and fever and later got a rash. The child and flew that day with his parents from Stockholm to Iceland with Icelandair flight FI307.
The child is now at home in isolation and recovering. The airline and passengers have been informed about the risk of infection.
- Measles: American Samoa continues its vaccination campaign
- Sri Lanka: Dengue cases double in 2019
- Top 10 Most Important Infectious Disease News Stories of 2019: The Podcast
- Rabies in Yemen: Estimated ‘hundreds of deaths’ in Sana’a
- Mexico: Chickenpox outbreak affects dozens at Ciudad Juárez shelter
- Measles in Argentina: Most cases reported in 20 years
Outbreak News Merchandise