Timely global surveillance of infectious disease threats around the world is critical for governments, healthcare organizations and businesses as they need actionable intelligence.
BlueDot is a company that that does just that.
Joining me to talk about some current and past outbreaks and the work of BlueDot is CEO Dr. Kamran Khan. In addition, Dr Khan is a practicing infectious disease physician and an Associate Professor of Medicine with the Division of Infectious Diseases at the University of Toronto.
- Infectious diseases: Some select ‘pearls’ with Sandra Gompf, MD
- Sustaining vaccine confidence in a post-truth era: Panel Q&A from ISNTD d³ 2018
- Animal Viruses and Humans: A discussion with author, Dr Warren Andiman
- The Global Virome Project: Providing timely data to battle future pandemics
- The 1918 Influenza Pandemic: A short history and lessons learned
- Bioterrorism, antibiotic resistance and pandemic flu: Discussing ‘Deadliest Enemy’
- Anti-vaccine arguments rebutted
- Lymphatic filariasis in Nigeria: The battle against the disfiguring parasitic disease
- Bacteriophage therapy: A remarkable story
- Measles in Europe: ‘We are seeing a dramatic increase in infections and extended outbreaks’
- Brazil measles outbreak: Case count update, Vaccination campaign
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden