According to the Hellenic Center for Disease Control & Prevention (KEELPNO), from May 1, 2017 through Aug. 23, 2018, Greece recorded 3250 measles cases (1,880 being laboratory confirmed).
Four deaths have been recorded.
The highest frequency has been observed in South Greece.
The outbreak mostly affects people of Greek nationality (mainly young Roma children, as well as Greek adults mainly aged 25-44 years old) susceptible to measles, among them healthcare professionals who were unvaccinated or partly vaccinated.
- Massachusetts: Measles case at Burlington hospital; 1st human West Nile virus cases reported
- Lyme disease study: Robust B cell responses predict rapid resolution
- Virginia: Possible measles exposure in Loudoun County
- Texas: Measles case reported in Collin County, individual not vaccinated
- Florida: Human West Nile virus case reported in Duval County
- WHO donates critical disease control medicines to Tanzania
- Dengue fever: Reunion reports more cases, more deaths
- Sweden E. coli update: 80 confirmed cases