By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Government of American Samoa is reporting three additional confirmed measles cases, bringing the total to 15.
The latest cases are a 27-year-old woman and two boys, aged 12 years and six months respectively, according to a RNZ report.
An initial public health emergency was declared in response to the measles outbreak in American Samoa mid-November 2019, which was extended on December 8 to last until early February 2020.
- 1st novel coronavirus case confirmed in Sri Lanka
- Japan coronavirus count now 6, 1st case not linked to China travel
- Thailand novel coronavirus count now 14, No cases in the Philippines to date
- Gates Foundation commits $10 million to contain the global spread of 2019-nCoV
- Germany reports 1st novel coronavirus case in Bavaria
- Uganda reports yellow fever outbreak
- Malaria: Burundi reports an 88 percent increase in cases in 2019
- 2nd confirmed 2019-NoCv case in Toronto
- Novel coronavirus medical countermeasures: FDA announces key actions to advance development