On this weekend’s show I look at several topics in the world of infectious diseases. The measles outbreaks here and abroad are a concern for many and I look at the latest from the US and the Philippines.
I also do a segment of the various infectious disease risks related to dogs.
In the second half, I take a look at the high cost of rabies post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) and the appropriate way of dealing with bats and other wild and domestic animals that could be a danger to you and your family.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Vaccines, autism and a very important book
- Madariaga virus with Dr Glenn Morris
- Rabies: The fatal Virginia case and some important lessons
- Outbreak News This Week Radio Show: 2018 Year in Review
- Lyme bacteria persister forms, antibiotics and essential oils with Dr. Ying Zhang
- Enterovirus D68, Acute flaccid myelitis and some of the research
- Medical history: 1918 influenza pandemic, Yellow fever in the US in the 18th and 19th centuries
- Naegleria fowleri and the Jordan Smelski Foundation for Amoeba Awareness
- African swine fever, China and the risk to the US