By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Officials in Maniema province in east-central Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) are reporting a measles outbreak in Kasongo health zone in Maniema province.
Nationally, the DRC has reported 43,277 suspected cases this year to date, including 665 deaths.
Measles is endemic in the Democratic Republic of the Congo with outbreaks occurring every year. The low vaccination coverage against measles in some health districts has always been identified as the main risk factor for measles outbreaks.
- Ebola outbreak in DRC rises to 11 cases
- New Hampshire reports 3 additional Jamestown Canyon Virus cases, brings total to 4 in 2021
- White-tailed deer may be a reservoir for the SARS-CoV-2 virus: Study
- COVID-19 alpha variant detected in dogs and cats with suspected myocarditis
- Bird flu in Europe: France moves to ‘high risk’
- Kenya: Tharaka Nithi County on high alert over visceral leishmaniasis outbreak
- Sweden reports monophasic Salmonella Typhimurium outbreak, 33 affected
- Nigeria reports 400 Lassa fever cases through October