My guest on today’s show is Amesh Adalja, MD. He is very familiar if you read news on various issues of infectious diseases and medicine as he is a frequent expert commenter.
He was named one of STAT’s “13 Clinicians to Follow on Twitter and in 2015 named one of 5 “Pennsylvanians to Watch” by the Pittsburgh Tribune Review.
He has also been a guest on my radio show and the podcast a number of times
So to look at the topics of infectious diseases and medicine like vaccines, antibiotic resistance and Lyme disease and the role of medical experts in the media.
Check out his blog, Tracking Zebra
Other interviews with Dr Adalja:
- Talking Hepatitis A with Dr Amesh Adalja
- Adenovirus: What is it and why the high percentage of deaths in the NJ outbreak?
- Undocumented immigrants and the import of infectious diseases: A real health security risk to the US?
- Troubling statements about vaccines: Gloria Copeland and Milwaukee’s Patricia McManus
- Raw water: ‘In defiance of everything science tells us’
- Diphtheria: A short history, the disease, treatment and the success of the vaccines
4 thoughts on “Medicine and the media with Amesh Adalja, MD”