In a follow-up on the meningococcal C outbreak in Fiji, the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MoHMS) is now reporting 22 confirmed and 16 suspected or probable cases as of Apr. 5.
In addition, six fatalities have been reported including 4 confirmed.
There has been an average of 2.5 cases per week in the last 4 weeks.
All the cases to date are in the ≤ 19 age group with nearly 40 percent of the cases in children less than 5 years of age.
Health officials also reported a cluster of 6 cases from Navesau Adventist High School in Ra from February 28th to March 28th. No deaths reported.
- Fiji: Dengue outbreak declared in Nadi and Ba
- Fiji typhoid outbreak reported on Moturiki Island
- Fiji: Leptospirosis surge prompts health warning
- Fiji outbreak: Pink eye cases increase to 5000
- Fiji issues chikungunya alert as 1st imported case confirmed